Share | 

2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake
Special award-Air force
Special award-Air force

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Cool cool. Still looking forward to it. Rain, sleet or snow.

What apparently some of you guys are failing to realize, is that this isn't just a trip to drive on the dragon, it's also a trip just to hang out. So just cuz the roads aren't the best doesn't mean you can't come hang out and chill at the cabin or hike or enjoy the scenery and company.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~The_Duke~
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:05 pm

BC2003UGA wrote:

What apparently some of you guys are failing to realize, is that this isn't just a trip to drive on the dragon, it's also a trip just to hang out. So just cuz the roads aren't the best doesn't mean you can't come hang out and chill at the cabin or hike or enjoy the scenery and company.....

Exactly...

Anyone want to bring any board games?

Apples to apples monoply?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killboy

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:30 pm

Hey guys/girls, finally got my lazy a** on here. (damn 50 pages and only 25 people going!)

Still just rain here, looks like we'll have to wait until Friday to know the road conditions for sure. I don't think we'll see much accumulation at all, definitely not on the roads unless the forecast is WAY off, but TDOT will probably salt the Gap Thursday night so it doesn't get icy. I'll get out there late Thurs/early Fri for a recon.

Also keep in mind that NCDOT is more reluctant to salt their roads, so Hwy 28, and 129 from state line to Robbinsville is usually clear and those are great car roads. Skyway was clear when I was up there a few days ago, but I'd say it's snowing up there right now. (raining down here at our house, but much warmer down here too) The Skyway is a pretty low priority road for NCDOT, so when it does get snow, it usually takes a few days before they get to clearing it.

If you get a chance to play in the snow on the Skyway, by all means go for, I certainly do all the time, but keep your head on as well. Mind the slope! I've ended up in the ditch a couple of times because I didn't account for the slope of the road, and slow-motion slide for like 10 seconds right into the rut. (bring tow ropes) Try not to tear up the grass off the sides of the roads. There are plenty of places to play up there without fuglyin' up such a beautiful place. Another place we like to play up there is Maple Springs overlook road, down by Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest...it's only about 2 miles away from the beginning of the Skyway on the NC side. (Look for JKMF signs)

Hope you all have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://killboy.com/
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Sweet thanks Darryl

Hi-Chew...The Official Candy Of 4touge.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kevinkeeganpro.com
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 pm

BC2003UGA wrote:

yes even if we cant get out for some reason, i still want to make it down to the two local dams and shoot some photos and if there's some snow on the hils that are behind the cabins...disc down those suckas.

Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Dont forget VtakMedia will be shooting video/pics regardless of rd conditions (unless its raining or sleeting. Cars dont always have to be going fast to look good!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bomjoon
POST WHORE!!

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:50 pm

im out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:08 pm

you were already off the list lol

Back to top Go down
Oneiguy
Tougecyclops

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 pm

i can bring the ps3

POST WHORE!!

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:12 pm

im out. then for real.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Oneiguy wrote:
i can bring the ps3

do it...we can have movies then too

ok...now the weather has been consistently showing snow for saturday, well now it just changed so we have a pretty clear weekend fri-sun.

we'll just have to watch it till fri night and see what Darryl has to say.

Back to top Go down
SPARTA
Prez

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Wangan_X wrote:
yah i haven't been since up in the evo days

Wangan_X wrote:
if its snowing I won't be going, I will watch until Fri, but, it is looking like the AL crew won't be there. With HB's blown motor and me and pat on ESPT's it would be hard just to drive normal.

because you've obviously turned into a puss

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oneiguy
Tougecyclops

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 am

keegan get your tires on

Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 am

having driven in MANY winters on XSP tires I would highly advise you guys driving on them as well. Knock on wood but someone may not be coming back in there ride. Salt is great, for snow, however if it gets cold again you get icy spots, plus I am not a big fan of spraying salt all over the underside of my car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:36 am

Keegan wrote:
Oneiguy wrote:
i can bring the ps3

we'll just have to watch it till fri night and see what Darryl has to say.

this is what i was thinking all along. wait and see. only really be able to see what mountain weather will do about 2 days in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:40 am

Oneiguy wrote:
keegan get your tires on

Yeah. I'll have to make arrangements with Jason so we can roll them over to discount.

Back to top Go down
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 am

Wangan_X wrote:
having driven in MANY winters on XSP tires I would highly advise you guys driving on them as well. Knock on wood but someone may not be coming back in there ride. Salt is great, for snow, however if it gets cold again you get icy spots, plus I am not a big fan of spraying salt all over the underside of my car.

so are you going? waiting 'til friday is fine, that's the way the weather is going to play out anyways. keeps changing till the last minute.

we have this conversation every year we go,

....we don't have to run hard...i don't think anybody is going to go up there and over drive for the conditions. it's the dragon, it has a reputation, even with in our own group. so we will not be stupid. and salt washes off, i definitely plan on spraying the underside of my car off before we head home. anymore excuses?

-------
Suite à un grand nombre de réponses, ce sujet a été automatiquement divisé. Vous pouvez retrouver la suite de ce sujet ici :
http://www.4tougeforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1391

Back to top Go down
Erv
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:13 am

hellbender is a different story though right? King?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leadfoot_mf
Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 am

Keegan wrote:
Wangan_X wrote:

so are you going? waiting 'til friday is fine, that's the way the weather is going to play out anyways. keeps changing till the last minute.

....we don't have to run hard...i don't think anybody is going to go up there and over drive for the conditions. it's the dragon, it has a reputation, even with in our own group. so we will not be stupid. and salt washes off, i definitely plan on spraying the underside of my car off before we head home. anymore excuses?

speak for yourself i am planning on over driving my car for the conditions and i am stupid. i dont fear the weather or the dragon.

whos with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oneiguy
Tougecyclops

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:57 am

leadfoot_mf wrote:
Keegan wrote:
Wangan_X wrote:

speak for yourself i am planning on over driving my car for the conditions and i am stupid. i dont fear the weather or the dragon.

whos with me.

Hellbender yes. Dragon not so much.

Touge Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:46 pm

well I know both Pat and Holdbrooks are out, I should go down to FL, but I am undecided, I will probably still go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:54 pm

um why are they out now...the weathers going to be fine...roads clear...just as hoped for...

Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Just to make sure I am not dumb...

Where are we meeting again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:44 pm

730am at the old kroger parking lot at hwy 92 and sandy plains if you're east cobb and if not, the last meeting spot is the waffle house at the end of 400 in dahlonega at 9am

Back to top Go down
~The_Duke~
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Keegan wrote:
730am at the old kroger parking lot at hwy 92 and sandy plains if you're east cobb and if not, the last meeting spot is the waffle house at the end of 400 in dahlonega at 9am

Ok so the waffle house\chevron at the end of 400 @ 9am.

Got ya cheers

Sweet I wont be to grumpy from waking up really f***ing early then lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keegan
Touge Master

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:06 pm

correct

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009   

Back to top Go down

2nd Annual Dragon Run - Feb 21-22, 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 40 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next